It's been a while since I posted about the battery recycling program at Woolridge Elementary School. The battery recycling program started back in October 2008, and it has been a tremendous success. Many of you brought in your batteries so they could be recycled and not go into our landfills. So far we have recycled over 150 pounds of batteries.
Please continue to bring in all of the other types of batteries noted below.
- Household batteries, both rechargeable and non-rechargeable, such as: D-cell, C-cell, AA, AAA, 9-volt, and button cells
- Rechargeable battery packs from: Cell phones, cameras, laptop computers, power tools, etc.
- Handheld electronics: Cell phones, iPods, PDAs, pagers, and so on.
- Any other dry-cell batteries.
What types of batteries will NOT be accepted?
- Lead acid batteries from: Automobile, motorcycle, boats, and outdoor power equipment
- Any other wet-cell batteries
So keep those batteries coming in. Please remember to not bring batteries in if they are leaking or damaged. Leaking batteries can burn your skin. Also, please remove batteries from any electronics device before putting them in the recycling bin.