The Woolridge Elementary School Green Club is starting a battery recycling program. Bring in your used batteries and drop them off in the battery recycling bucket located in the Main Office. The used batteries will be taken to Batteries Plus where they will be recycled free of charge. Please do not send in batteries that are leaking or are otherwise damaged.
What are the benefits of recycling?
- All hazardous materials are recycled properly.
- The plastic and metal materials reclaimed are reused.
- It saves landfill costs.
- It saves natural resources.
- It’s the right thing to do.
What types of batteries will be accepted?
- Household batteries, both rechargeable
and non-rechargeable, such as:
· D-cell, C-cell, AA, AAA, 9-volt, and button cells
- Rechargeable battery packs from:
· Cell phones, cameras, laptop computers, power tools, etc.
- Handheld electronics:
· Cell phones, iPods, PDAs, pagers, and so on
- Any other dry-cell batteries
What types of batteries will NOT be accepted?
- Lead acid batteries from:
· Automobile, motorcycle, boats, and outdoor power equipment
- Any other wet-cell batteries