Earth Day is on Wednesday, April 22. To celebrate Earth Day and to show our school's commitment to protect our environment, we will have a number of activities going on all week long.
- To round things out, the kids will have a poster contest. The poster contest will be judged by a panel of non-homeroom teachers, and the winners will be pictured on the PTA website and this website for all to enjoy.
On Wednesday, April 22, don't forget to wear your Woolridge Elementary School "Go Green" t-shirt. Over 300 students purchased a t-shirt! T-shirts will be handed out to the students prior to Wednesday. You can still participate if you didn't purchase a shirt and show your support by wearing a green shirt. Let's try and have every student wear green on Earth Day!
Here are some great things the Woolridge Green Club has accomplished so far this year:
- We've started a battery recycling program. So far, we've recycled over 100 pounds of batteries that would otherwise be polluting our landfills.
- Some other things we're recycling are Elmer's glue sticks, printer cartridges, and paper in the classroom.
- We had a "Commit to Recycling Drive" and asked families to sign a pledge to commit to recycling at home. Over 250 families have committed this year.
- Speaking of recycling, we just introduced a recyling program in our cafeteria. We now have recycling bins for cans, bottles, and juice pouches. There's a lot more potential for waste reduction in the cafeteria that we're continuing to work on.