Marcus J. Newsome, Ed.D., Superintendent of the Chesterfield County School District, issued a memo to all of the schools outlining measures he expects the schools to take in order to conserve energy.
- Turn off computers, monitors and lights at the end of the day.
- Turn off audiovisual equipment in training and conference rooms, as well as classrooms, when not in use.
- Set up computers to power down when not in use.
- Unplug mobile phone chargers anytime that you are not using them.
- Reduce the number of electrical devices at your desk or work station or in your classroom.
- Clear space in front of air duct supply and return grills to ensure that heating and air conditioning equipment isn't obstructed.